Posts Tagged ‘Quilts’
The date for our next car trip will be June 22. We will meet at Sew Materialistic at 9:00 am.
We are sure to have a great time visiting Mouse Creek Quilts, Stitch n’ Sew Center, and A.C. Moore Crafts!
Yummy lunch is included, please call for the menu. The cost of the trip is $25, which includes lunch, a drink and snacks.
Limited space available, so call soon!
Our challenge quilts are due soon and I am pretty excited about it because quite a lot of people bought the challenge fabric. Remember: they are due the begining of March.
For those of you who live nearby or are coming to NY to visit- don’t miss out on our STORE-WIDE sale! We are putting every item in stock at a 35% discount!!! (when paying with cash, 30% when with a credit card… not including already discounted items)
Come in and stock up on notions and browse through our fabrics for great finds! This sale is really not to be missed and I’m not just saying that because it is my store 🙂
2011 Quilt Challenge Guidelines:
Deadline for entries: Sunday, March 27
1) Purchase our challenge packet which includes:
*This fat quarter
2) Create a wall hanging using a recognizable piece of challenge fabric plus fabrics of your own choice.
3) The finished quilt cannot be larger than 24” x 24”.
4) The quilt must be made of three layers top, batting, and backing. The three layers should be attached in some way ie. tying, quilting etc.
5) All quilts must have a sleeve and paper label pinned to the quilt. The label should include your name, phone number, or/and address.
6) Your name should not appear anywhere on the front of the quilt.
7) The quilt must have a title and artists’ statement. Please type approximately 50 words.
8) The quilt must be delivered to SEW MATERIALISTIC by 6:00 on March 27. Quilts will be on display from March 28- May 1.
9) The public is invited to vote for the favorite entry (once a day) until March 18. The winner of the $72 and $36 gift cards will be announced May 2. The exhibit will be closed on May 1.
10) Please pick up your quilt between May 1- 8. We can make arrangements for return shipping.
I’m happily playing with my postcards and will post the new ones. I do have a confession to make though- I have become obsessed! I am making a large quilt that needs 1/4″ square triangles, lots of them. Since I can’t do much more than sit in my lounge chair (I’m doing so well…), I sat yesterday cutting off all the dog ears. I had this nice huge pile on my work surface and they were all green. I started handling them and was struck with the idea of making some snippet postcards, too. as I’m playing, my husband is cleaning the kitchen and brings me 2 handfuls of scraps from the floor and asks me what to do with them. I begged him to save me from myself and he should throw everything out right away so I don’t have to agonize about how small a piece I should save. Let’s face it: it is getting ridiculous! How small to YOU keep? And better yet, for how long and do you really every use it all up????
Congratulations to Silky P. for winning our October Monthly Raffle!
Thank you everyone who participated!