Posts Tagged ‘Quilt’
The date for our next car trip will be June 22. We will meet at Sew Materialistic at 9:00 am.
We are sure to have a great time visiting Mouse Creek Quilts, Stitch n’ Sew Center, and A.C. Moore Crafts!
Yummy lunch is included, please call for the menu. The cost of the trip is $25, which includes lunch, a drink and snacks.
Limited space available, so call soon!
Our challenge quilts are due soon and I am pretty excited about it because quite a lot of people bought the challenge fabric. Remember: they are due the begining of March.
For those of you who live nearby or are coming to NY to visit- don’t miss out on our STORE-WIDE sale! We are putting every item in stock at a 35% discount!!! (when paying with cash, 30% when with a credit card… not including already discounted items)
Come in and stock up on notions and browse through our fabrics for great finds! This sale is really not to be missed and I’m not just saying that because it is my store 🙂
Join our new “Finish-a-Work-in-Progress” challenge. It’s relatively easy: register your UFOs (UnFinished Object) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in person, check in with us your progress every 6 weeks, and when each project is completed, show-and-tell to receive a gift of fat quarters. The one who finishes the most UFOs by the end of the year 2011, receives a gift certificate. Remember, there are consequences for those who don’t finish… Let the race begin!
Check out the store’s blog for the first UFOs to be submitted! www.sewmaterialistic.blogspot.com
Good luck! 🙂
2011 Quilt Challenge Guidelines:
Deadline for entries: Sunday, March 27
1) Purchase our challenge packet which includes:
*This fat quarter
2) Create a wall hanging using a recognizable piece of challenge fabric plus fabrics of your own choice.
3) The finished quilt cannot be larger than 24” x 24”.
4) The quilt must be made of three layers top, batting, and backing. The three layers should be attached in some way ie. tying, quilting etc.
5) All quilts must have a sleeve and paper label pinned to the quilt. The label should include your name, phone number, or/and address.
6) Your name should not appear anywhere on the front of the quilt.
7) The quilt must have a title and artists’ statement. Please type approximately 50 words.
8) The quilt must be delivered to SEW MATERIALISTIC by 6:00 on March 27. Quilts will be on display from March 28- May 1.
9) The public is invited to vote for the favorite entry (once a day) until March 18. The winner of the $72 and $36 gift cards will be announced May 2. The exhibit will be closed on May 1.
10) Please pick up your quilt between May 1- 8. We can make arrangements for return shipping.
I’ve been trying to keep up with a ‘block of the month’ group, but so far I haven’t been too successful. Instead of making one of each block, I thought I would be real bright and make 2, so I would have 2 more quilts to give to the grandkids [since I don’t think I will ever really catch up]. Only problem: I misplaced everything in the mess of a sewing room I have. I started cleaning last week hoping that I’d find everything soon since the meeting is next Sunday. I read somewhere that one should beware of a quilter that is cleaning her room; it means she is planning to move out! I found the bag in the second to the last corner. When I excitedly showed my husband, he commented: “does this mean you aren’t going to clean your room anymore?” RIGHT! Guess what I’ll be doing all night tonight? Show you both finished projects the end of December.