Archive for the ‘Challenge’ Category
We’ll be going Thursday, May 26 to the American Folk Art Museum at 45 West 53rd Street in Manhattan. There is an admission fee and we’re planning to be there for the 1:00 tour. We’ll be meeting at the Avenue J train station (Q train) to be able to visit B & J fabrics before the museum. You must call to register.
Another thing on our agenda will be a UFO Day. No, you don’t actually have to finish an object, but you do have to bring in UNUSED FABRIC OBJECTS. You can bring in as many fabrics as you want to trade- you know… the ones you have no idea why you bought in the first place! Or just leftovers from other projects you don’t want to use again (or eve think about again!). Fat quarters is the minimum size & 1 yard pieces is the maximum, but you can bring in as many first quality pieces as you wish. If you are interested, please email me! firstname.lastname@example.org
Our challenge quilts are due soon and I am pretty excited about it because quite a lot of people bought the challenge fabric. Remember: they are due the begining of March.
Join our new “Finish-a-Work-in-Progress” challenge. It’s relatively easy: register your UFOs (UnFinished Object) by emailing email@example.com or in person, check in with us your progress every 6 weeks, and when each project is completed, show-and-tell to receive a gift of fat quarters. The one who finishes the most UFOs by the end of the year 2011, receives a gift certificate. Remember, there are consequences for those who don’t finish… Let the race begin!
Check out the store’s blog for the first UFOs to be submitted! www.sewmaterialistic.blogspot.com
Good luck! 🙂
2011 Quilt Challenge Guidelines:
Deadline for entries: Sunday, March 27
1) Purchase our challenge packet which includes:
*This fat quarter
2) Create a wall hanging using a recognizable piece of challenge fabric plus fabrics of your own choice.
3) The finished quilt cannot be larger than 24” x 24”.
4) The quilt must be made of three layers top, batting, and backing. The three layers should be attached in some way ie. tying, quilting etc.
5) All quilts must have a sleeve and paper label pinned to the quilt. The label should include your name, phone number, or/and address.
6) Your name should not appear anywhere on the front of the quilt.
7) The quilt must have a title and artists’ statement. Please type approximately 50 words.
8) The quilt must be delivered to SEW MATERIALISTIC by 6:00 on March 27. Quilts will be on display from March 28- May 1.
9) The public is invited to vote for the favorite entry (once a day) until March 18. The winner of the $72 and $36 gift cards will be announced May 2. The exhibit will be closed on May 1.
10) Please pick up your quilt between May 1- 8. We can make arrangements for return shipping.