Archive for January 2011
For those of you who live nearby or are coming to NY to visit- don’t miss out on our STORE-WIDE sale! We are putting every item in stock at a 35% discount!!! (when paying with cash, 30% when with a credit card… not including already discounted items)
Come in and stock up on notions and browse through our fabrics for great finds! This sale is really not to be missed and I’m not just saying that because it is my store 🙂
Join our new “Finish-a-Work-in-Progress” challenge. It’s relatively easy: register your UFOs (UnFinished Object) by emailing email@example.com or in person, check in with us your progress every 6 weeks, and when each project is completed, show-and-tell to receive a gift of fat quarters. The one who finishes the most UFOs by the end of the year 2011, receives a gift certificate. Remember, there are consequences for those who don’t finish… Let the race begin!
Check out the store’s blog for the first UFOs to be submitted! www.sewmaterialistic.blogspot.com
Good luck! 🙂
2011 Quilt Challenge Guidelines:
Deadline for entries: Sunday, March 27
1) Purchase our challenge packet which includes:
*This fat quarter
2) Create a wall hanging using a recognizable piece of challenge fabric plus fabrics of your own choice.
3) The finished quilt cannot be larger than 24” x 24”.
4) The quilt must be made of three layers top, batting, and backing. The three layers should be attached in some way ie. tying, quilting etc.
5) All quilts must have a sleeve and paper label pinned to the quilt. The label should include your name, phone number, or/and address.
6) Your name should not appear anywhere on the front of the quilt.
7) The quilt must have a title and artists’ statement. Please type approximately 50 words.
8) The quilt must be delivered to SEW MATERIALISTIC by 6:00 on March 27. Quilts will be on display from March 28- May 1.
9) The public is invited to vote for the favorite entry (once a day) until March 18. The winner of the $72 and $36 gift cards will be announced May 2. The exhibit will be closed on May 1.
10) Please pick up your quilt between May 1- 8. We can make arrangements for return shipping.
I’m taking off a day from work today with 2 of my daughters to go to Manhattan to find material for Blima’s wedding. She wants the color purple for all the family and I’m happy to report if you don’t already know that purple is a hot color this season. I think I’m too old to actually wear all purple (I’ll feel like a huge grape) but a shade of it will work for me. I usually provide dresses for all the grandgirls and I’m happy to report that was already taken care of! We are now trying to decide if all the guys should wear purple ties (or socks— just joking) or just buttoneers. They seem to be balking at the buttoneers, but I’ll just threaten them a little more. 😉
I remember watching an old Johnny Carson show when he said, everyone loves talking about their illness as much as everyone else hates to listen- so I am not going there. Suffice it to say, for now, I am back and hope to be for a long time. Health and happiness to everyone in this year of 2011 and 5771.